Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bug mugshots

These are some characters I created for a commercial I am working on. Rough sketches and final art.

 
Mosquito...

 Bedbug...
 


Ant...
 



 ah you know...



Cockroach...


This Nick Nolty mugshot (from www.thesmokinggun.com) was my reference for the last character - The Cockroach. Nick's lookin' like a animator in his Pixar issue Hawaiian shirt.

I wonder if there is a noticeable increase in ones animation skills while wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Just a thought - I notice a lot of animators wearing them. Does anyone out there have experience animating with and without a Hawaiian shirt?  Are they awarded after a certain level of achievement in animation?




John Lasseter thinks I'm on to something - thumbs up!
John Lasseter images are from here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment